Friday, August 29, 2008

...dive trip may be cancelled..

Writing this during the stay in Renaissance Manchester Hotel.

Just an update - Unless I mentioned it myself, guys.. dun ask me abt it.. haix..

Have been telling quite many close fren that I'll be taking up diving lessons.. who knows.. I couldn't find the exact off days now..n i may have to give up the opportunity.. what a disappointment.

After paying for the lessons, which cost us $600(promotional rate) for dearest and me, L arranged for a date that could accommodate the initial six of us. I was ok with the Jul dates, but when i told dearest about it, he said he couldn't make it, and I decided to take the diving test on another separate date from L and her gang.

So when we tried arranging for the next date, the agent called dearest several times to arrange for a second date, despite the fact that I told dearest many times that any arrangements for the dates 'ASK THOSE GUYS TO CALL ME', since i'm the one harder to get off days. When they settled on those dates in september then, I was certainly quite frustrated then, bcoz my schedule wasn't out... and i can't confirm i'm free on those dates.

Dearest explained to me that i shouldn't be angry with him -
1) He did told the agent to call me.. but he said I might be in overseas.. that might be the reason that they'r not callin me instead. >>> I argued that that was not a valid reason as whether or not i wan to pick up an overseas call resides in me.. and not for them to judge whether to call me or not.

2) After missing the Jul dates, there's no lesson held in August due to 7th month.. and therefore the next available dates are in sept.. therefore he booked for the earliest slot in sep.

3) When I asked Dearest why can't we tell them the dates later, he explained again that bcoz those promotional vouchers expire in Oct.. and that WE'VE CHANGE MANY TIMES ALREADY. >>> Then again.. I was so unhappy when he said that.. we did not change many times.. the fact was they were forcing us to take a date we are not free and that they've been contacting the wrong person for the dates!!! They should be calling me instead.

When I said I wanted to postpone the dates the last time to Oct.. dearest said he was willing to give up that $600 if we really couldn't make it... and he didn't want to speak to the agent again...

He was obviously not interested to make an effort to go for our diving trip.

So tried very hard to change away my flt, msging other colleagues to change for my flt, waiting for reply.. and very quickly 2 months passed.. i still couldn't get any help on that. Feeling upset about it.. I told dearest about it.. and he finally called the agent again.. who says that it was too late to do a change since 'manifest has been submitted'. I admit I was slow in trying to reach them, but all bcoz of the waiting for replies from those colleagues.

Even till now.. i'm still trying my luck to change for off days. Nobody is helping.. sighzz..
It's either i get my off days to go, or i waste that $600 doing nothing and giving away my good flts. Either way.. its a bad experience..

Thinking back about it then, i felt everything was so NOT fated.. and i start to feel disappointed about gg for a diving trip.. and even in the future..

I shouldn't have included dearest in the first place. L and her gang had already done the dive and back with fruitful adventure...angry.

And I promised myself.. if i had to give up this diving trip.. and if ever i had another chance, I would go on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home