Sunday, October 25, 2009

...Foreign Workers are really hardworking...

Was at a prawn fishing site just now relaxing with dearest when this Bangladeshi came chasing after a lady because she left a fishing rod behind. When dearest said, ‘You keep lah...’ he replied, ‘For wad? I have a lot lah!!’ The way the tone leaves me an impression that he’s a smart one. I laughed while telling dearest he’s cute, so we decided to check him out.

After a casual chat, we realized this Bangladeshi works 20hrs a day, 4hrs of sleep. Full time clearing table job 8hrs carried home $1,700. The other 4 hrs at fishing pond fetched $600 and another 4hrs at another stall fetching another $600. He totaled up the earnings close to $4,000 a month!!!! That’s like… more than some Singaporeans!! Gosh… Although I do have doubts over whether he’s overstating…but the more he boast seems to tell me he feels proud about himself. My conclusion is… my dear friends, we need to buck up and stop complaining…!! Hahaha..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home