Friday, October 20, 2006

...who's the trouble-maker...

My partner was on leave for 3 whole weeks and shifu was asked to cover her. But bcoz shifu had to take her off day, another colleague S was asked to cover the position then. But asking her is as good as none.

S was supposed to be "training" for this position. Although we say training, she has been in the company for more than 5 or 10 yrs on a different job scope. So when she was covering this CSO role, i tried to be as understanding as i could since i believe she might take a little longer to adapt. Having said so, I did my best to clear the job queue etc, though it was suppose to be a shared job.

By the end of this busy day, our tray was piled up with all the promotional card application forms that was supposed to be batched to HQ. Other than that, we were supposed to help to check the ac opening forms as well as "transaction vouchers". Felt overloaded, I tried to look for S to see if she is available. For one whole hr, i couldn't find her, thinking that she might be busy with her filings. It was only when i passby her desk, seeing that she might be busy (since she sat facing the computer screen and talking on the phone), and i tried to walk nearer to whisper, "Do you need help?"

It din take long for me to realise that this irresposible f***k was actually playing computer games and chatting with her whosoever, while i was clearing the all the shared task?? sigh...

I turned away immediately and shouted, "Can you help me with our tray, PLS?"
Since she was on the phone, she shouted, "What..? I can't hear you, I'm on the line.."

*******************************************************************
*****************
Frustration ramps my mind thinking..."YOU STILL HAVE THE CHEEK to tell me you'r on the line?? Obviously you are not talking to any customer if you could have shouted through the phone to reply me!" So i walked away, expecting her to come after me.
************************************************************************************

As expected, she "passby" me 5 min later to ask "What did you say..har? I'm on the line you know and I can't hear what you say u know? You have sth for me is it? "

"Ya.. can help me with the forms in the tray?" i replied.

"You wan me to help you right? Put it on my desk la.."

************************************************************************************
thinking again, "Who the hell are you that i have to serve you. Do you need me to help you with a cup of coffee. DREAM ON!!! "
************************************************************************************

"Aren't you relieving CSO?" i asked sarcastically.

"I say... you wan me to help you right? Put it on my desk LA.." she repeated.

Can't be bothered by what she said, i totally ignored her and returned to my desk. If she wants to help, help; if she doesn't wants, fine, then leave it.

Another 5 min later, she dashes out, "What do you mean by 'Aren't you relieving CSO?' What are you trying to say har?"

"You can take it (those forms) urself.. why must i put on ur table??" I retaliated.

************************************************************************************
Frankly speaking, if i hadn't had the intention to quit, i wouldn't have chose to offend her, since she had been with the company for some time and has been quite a fantastic bootlicker. But well, since I'm leaving, i shall avenge for the poor souls in the office. She had been the enmity in the office for many..
************************************************************************************

Pondering whether to bring up the issue to bother my manager, afterall, such issues were being brought up by my partner against my shifu previously, histories should not repeat itself. After some private discussion with my officers, they felt that it's most appropriate for me to speak up for myself.

..but before i could say anything, my manager has already known part of HER story. So i approached CSM, only to find out S is clever enough to try to cover her ass b4 i could "sabotage" her. Well, if she hasn't done anything wrong, she doesn't need to be guilty and tried to cover.

I told CSM how i felt having an idle partner. What CSM understands from S was that when i asked for her help, she was busy with her "pendings". I challenged CSM to view through the tapes to see that S was not busy at all at the time i asked for her help, and she was playing games and chit-chating on the phone, and even had the cheek to call herself "busy" and to ask me to serve her with those forms? CSM then explained, "Frankly speaking this is not the first time she had such complaints. I've given her some counselling before but if she's not suited for CSO then i might as well put her in some other areas."

Anyway, I've decided to tender and my last day will be 9 Nov, leaving earlier to prepare for upcoming exams. Sumtimes i really wonder why did I try to create trouble b4 i leave... eheh..

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger js said...

hey ger~
i frankly think u nv did create any trouble lor. coz she is nt fulfilling her duty ma. this kind of pple need to be made known to the mgers. otherwise mre pple will/may suffer frm her lack of responsibility in contributing significantly to the wrk. tt's no such thing as getting paid for nthing 1 lor.
jia you for ur exam. study hard yar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home