... 22nd October 2012 - 2210,2012 ...
22nd Oct 2012
Didn't pull out from the wedding, not even postponed. His father was very, very sick, suffered from lymphoma cancer. And struggling very hard to see this marriage a success. I couldn't bear to pain everyones' heart - his father, him and myself. He then said, "If you decide to leave me, I'll regret, only for what I've not done that day - was to inform you that I'm meeting that friend. Please don't even postpone because I cannot accept it." Sounds like a threat though. Then, I started thinking with brain and not fully by the heart, since my heart has not much strength left anyway.
My Wedding Day, yes, the one thing that Monica predicts correctly, was indeed a happy one. I was smiling non stop, my eyes never had a chance to fully wide open and take a full breathe. My husband had the arrangement fully worked out though he fell sick and attained slight fever, due to the suspected gout and HFM symptoms.
Tea ceremony was held in the morning, and solemnization was held in the evening before reception by Dr Phua TT, as our families and friends witnessed.
Dinner was held at Swissotel The Stamford. We had 28 tables and our guest turn up rate was close to 95%. Had arranged pianist playing love songs, a photobooth, snacks and drinks during reception, and highlight was Peking duck station where guests who arrived early can help themselves on.
Our selected ballroom was mellow-wooded setting, tables were covered black linens and red ribbons, shining stands decorated with fresh champagne roses, and each table shined with distinctive colored spot light to differentiate the tables number. Reception area was manned by brothers and sisters, and "Ang Bao" box nicely decorated by a sister.
As we did out first march in his champagne suit and my white princess tube gown, red roses petal showered on us as our guest cheered their blessings and shared our moments. At that moment, I felt happy, like whatever happened 2 months ago did not happened, as we held each others' hand firmly.
Our second march in, he wore his black suit while I had selected a fresh red long gown with shining studs.
There was also a surprise arrangement - A birthday cake and a huge bouquet of fresh roses, similar to that one that I first received from him, and of course a birthday song.
We definitely did invite many alcoholic guest as our alcohol almost ran dried and our brothers had to order for more.
That evening I've tried to gather the singles to catch my hand bouquet, and my hand bouquet landed in my little cousin brother's hand, who is in his primary school. What a laugh!
Unlike traditional weddings where couples spend the night together, that night, brothers occupied the bridal suite, while sisters occupied another room. Drinking and games continues till around 3am.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home